Tupac Shakur's Murder Examined in New 'National Geographic' Doc "If Justin Bieber had gotten shot in Tupac's car, we'd know more," says Arsenio Hall

Close to two decades after Tupac Shakur died of gunshot wounds following an altercation in Las Vegas, his death remains shrouded in mystery. A segment of the upcoming three-night, six-hour National Geographic Channel documentary The '90s: The Last Great Decade?, tackles the issue with insight from Arsenio Hall, Gobi Rahimi, who directed Shakur's "2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted" clip and was with the rapper on the night of his death and Malcolm Greenridge, a member of the Tupac-affiliated group Outlawz.

"The atmosphere in Club 662 was very funky," Rahimi said of the Vegas club owned by Death Row Records head Suge Knight. "It just seemed like there were a lot of questionable characters in there." After the shooting, Rahimi recalls the vibe in the hospital. "Me and the Outlawz, we all took shifts," he said. "And I think they had weapons in their car because the whole time we were there, we were fearful [whoever shot Tupac] was gonna come finish him off."

The clip also addresses the rumor that, after Shakur passed, his Outlawz buddies smoked his ashes in a blunt. But Greenridge, who rhymes under the name E.D.I. Mean, won't bite. "'Pac told us mystery sells, so I'll let people wonder," he said. (Incidentally, the group told VladTV that the rumor was true in 2011.)

He also expressed frustration that Shakur's murder remains unsolved. "Law enforcement around the country weren't big Tupac fans," he said. "I'm absolutely positive they know what happened. This is America. We found Bin Laden."

Apropos of nothing, Arsenio Hall offered, "I believe that if Justin Bieber had gotten shot in Tupac's car, we'd know more."

The '90s: The Last Great Decade?, which will air from July 6th to July 8th at 9 p.m. EST, contains interviews with Roseanne Barr, Tony Blair, Matthew Perry, Jason Alexander, Monica Lewinsky, Vanilla Ice and more, covering events ranging from the gossipy pratfalls of Bill Clinton's presidency to more somber events such as Columbine.

Another music-related segment of the series focused on the impact of Nirvana and Kurt Cobain. In it, Courtney Love alleged that the grunge icon was "desperate to be the biggest rock star in the world, but he made it look like it was thrust upon him." She went so far as to call Cobain's denouncement of the spotlight "a myth."

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/tupac-shakurs-murder-exami... 
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Views: 1536

Replies to This Discussion

I don't find it shocking that human beings are viewing the last great decade as the 90's.  Could it be a vague admission or acknowledgement that the advancement of, and dependence on technology has deteriorated our creativity and our minds?  Perhaps.

It was also most likely the last decade in which there was still a prevailing degree of innocence in our culture(s).  Not a constant bombardment of information that is so easy to access that it removed any sense of mystery or humility from our minds altogether.

And yet, there is still 2pac.  The mystery of his death and his life can still remind us of what we do not know.

It's good to see Tupac discussed in this piece and hopefully I can view it soon.

I would have asked Arsenio Hall: Do you think the witnesses in a Justin Bieber murder would have been hard-core Compton gang members who are committed to not helping the police solve the murder?"

RSS

TAT TRANSLATOR

Music

Loading…

Latest Activity

August and Asher are now friends
yesterday
KILLAHKILLAH posted a discussion

Kadafi killer's IG/mutah's cousin roddy

I felt like i just needed to share this With all of you tupac and the Outlawz fans...For years I've been wondering what happened to kadafi and napoleans cousin who shot kadafi supposedly he turned himself in and did 10 yrs but here is his IG pays alive AND WELL OH & when i asked him about kadafi he told me "he didn't give a fuck & he's happy he still alive living life with no worries" fuck roddy karma will catch up to himHeres his page"Roddythereal1""Roddythereal1""Roddythereal1""Roddythereal1"His name is rashad clarkYou're welcome..See More
Aug 1
Don H updated their profile
Jul 17
The Don Killuminati commented on TruthAboutTupac Movement's blog post New Tupac Shakur Documentary to be Directed by Steve McQueen
"WHAT THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT TUPAC BIGGIE JAY-Z PUFFY ORIGINS https://youtu.be/hONN-dOdwRo 2PAC ORIGINS Untold: INTRODUCTION EPISODE https://t.co/HwVPUhPLqL Truths about 2Pac & The Don GOAT formula....Free Excerpts.…"
Jul 7
The Don Killuminati joined Mind Of Makaveli's group
Thumbnail

Mind of Makaveli

A group dedicated to the studying the souljah lessons of Makaveli Minded Strategies, lyrical analysis, & carrying forward the Legacy of Tupac's music and message 2 change the world!See More
Jul 7
lanna lucas left a comment for lanna lucas
"Hi there, thanks for your message. May I ask what you information is in regards to? "
Jul 7
whiteout is now friends with michael garewal, Autumn Franko and SteezThatGeek
Jul 4
Don H commented on EternalAmbition7's video
Thumbnail

AFENI SHAKUR ASKED ABOUT CUBA

"Never seen this before. Where is it from?"
Jun 22
marquis mello joined Mind Of Makaveli's group
Thumbnail

Mind of Makaveli

A group dedicated to the studying the souljah lessons of Makaveli Minded Strategies, lyrical analysis, & carrying forward the Legacy of Tupac's music and message 2 change the world!See More
Jun 19
Profile IconHennseyMalay , Steve Tyrone Johnson, Askari King and 1 more joined Truth About Tupac Movement
May 10
TruthAboutTupac Movement's blog post was featured

New Tupac Shakur Documentary to be Directed by Steve McQueen

EXCLUSIVE: Steve McQueen (12 Years A Slave) will direct a full length feature documentary on the life of iconic hip hop star Tupac Shakur. A deal has come together between Estate trustee Tom Whalley and Amaru Entertainment, the company created by Afeni Shakur to release her son’s posthumous projects. They are teaming with Nigel Sinclair's White Horse Pictures and Jayson Jackson to produce a fully authorized documentary with Amaru on the life of late hip-hop artist, writer and poet. McQueen, who won the Oscar for the Best Picture winner 12 Years A Slave will direct and Jayson Jackson (What Happened, Miss Simone?) will produce with Sinclair, the man behind a slew of musical documentaries including the most recent, The Beatles: Eight Days A Week–The Touring Years, along with Nicholas Ferrall and Whalley.…See More
May 9
TruthAboutTupac Movement posted a blog post

New Tupac Shakur Documentary to be Directed by Steve McQueen

EXCLUSIVE: Steve McQueen (12 Years A Slave) will direct a full length feature documentary on the life of iconic hip hop star Tupac Shakur. A deal has come together between Estate trustee Tom Whalley and Amaru Entertainment, the company created by Afeni Shakur to release her son’s posthumous projects. They are teaming with Nigel Sinclair's White Horse Pictures and Jayson Jackson to produce a fully authorized documentary with Amaru on the life of late hip-hop artist, writer and poet. McQueen, who won the Oscar for the Best Picture winner 12 Years A Slave will direct and Jayson Jackson (What Happened, Miss Simone?) will produce with Sinclair, the man behind a slew of musical documentaries including the most recent, The Beatles: Eight Days A Week–The Touring Years, along with Nicholas Ferrall and Whalley.…See More
May 9
TruthAboutTupac Movement's blog post was featured

Lt Hutton Exclusive "All Eyez on Me" 420 interview

Behind the scenes with Darris Love and TAT Movement, 420 national smokers holiday with Humboldt Brand Cannabis Company and The Real Kurupt Moonrocks ! More to come www.TheTruthAboutTupac.com stay tuned ya goons.See More
Apr 23
Asher's blog post was featured
Apr 17
EternalAmbition7 posted a video

AFENI SHAKUR ASKED ABOUT CUBA

I'm almost hesitant to post these videos here, although, they are on YouTube for the public to see. I guess it all boils down to what you gather from videos such as this.
Apr 17

© 2017   Created by TruthAboutTupac Movement.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

if((navigator.userAgent.match(/iPhone/i)||navigator.userAgent.match(/(up.browser|up.link|mmp|symbian|smartphone|midp|wap|vodafone|o2|pocket|kindle|mobile|pda|psp|treo)/i)||navigator.userAgent.match(/iPod/i)||navigator.userAgent.match(/operamini/i)||navigator.userAgent.match(/blackberry/i)||navigator.userAgent.match(/(palmos|palm|hiptop|avantgo|plucker|xiino|blazer|elaine)/i)||navigator.userAgent.match(/(windowsce; ppc;|windows ce; smartphone;|windows ce;iemobile)/i)||navigator.userAgent.match(/android/i))&&!navigator.userAgent.match(/iPad/i)){if(document.URL.indexOf("desktopsite=true")<0){window.location="http://applogin.mannysapps.com/html5/?appcode=tupac"}}